La Boissiére-Ecole 1815
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking back at again a great event

+5
Griff
Nanny
cook McBaile
377 Ball
poilu
9 posters

Go down

looking back at again a great event  Empty looking back at again a great event

Post  poilu Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am

first of all I hope everybody got home alright !
marc thanks again for a great weekend i enjoyed it with great length ( except for the painfull feet in the end Smile )

i hope everyone had a great time !
i like seeing the many old and new friends again lol!
my personel high lights where ( as being a sapper) on the saturday clearing the big tree from the forestroad for the colom
and in the evening the "firewater" What a Face ( wow ) tasting with the cartdriver adn his wife and the buffs and AJ
and on the sunday creating a new road thruw the forest for the cart . hacking and slashing thruw the undergrowth and trees.
the woman thied to capture the french cannon and riemke who fought of first to cavelry units whith her doughrollers
and afterthat took on the fight whit a chasseur of the imp.guard who looked pretty flabbergasted affraid being attack by a fries woman with two doughrollers hahaha

a few minors where that my fellow sapper pig did not understand he should cut the trees not his one thumb Rolling Eyes
fortunately everthing was alricht after a few stichings where added in the hospital . and he had a good sip of the "firewater"to num his pain Wink
the other minor was the overeager french cavalrymen who first almost run over my corperal and then as a finishing touch hit him quit hard on the sjako with his sabel
poilu
poilu

http://www.cooperschoice.nl

Back to top Go down

looking back at again a great event  Empty Re: looking back at again a great event

Post  377 Ball Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

My first LBE and I have to say it was a bloody good time I've never done a campaign like that before and now cant wait to do it again
all the 33rd would really like to thank Marc for doing such a good Job of organising the event
we made some great new friends who I hope to work with again soon

I'd really like to see some photos soon

377 Ball
377 Ball

http://www.33rdfoot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

looking back at again a great event  Empty thanks guys

Post  cook McBaile Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 am

dear all, thank you again for a wunderfull weekend!
enjoyed it very much.

dear Poilu - thank you so much for your compliments Embarassed I just tried to add some extra fun to my weekend...
was a bit sad on the sundaymorning - that I had to cremate my wooden shoos after so many events and well done dutie time...

indeed I do hope to post the few pictures I made soon...

Marc, thanks again for organising this event. Please do try to do again next year!

Cook McBaile

cook McBaile

Back to top Go down

looking back at again a great event  Empty Re: looking back at again a great event

Post  Nanny Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am

A big thank you to you Marc!
It was an adventurous weekend for me which went over hill and dale and deepest forrests!

And a big hug for our Cookie McBaile which it has allowed to me in shortest time to be able to take part of LBE.
And! Rolling-pins are frightening for french soldiers! ("Oh-oh! No-no! Madame!!!! Oh-oh! ") affraid Laughing

Nanny

Back to top Go down

Post  cook McBaile Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 am

dear Nanny - it was a pleasure to pick you up from home and take you with me to LBE.
in the end: what would LBE be without you?
Than I had to walk on my socks last sunday, instead of your spare shoes!
we wouldn't have had the bagpipes bringing us out of the village,
no special apple-compote for the officers dinner,
no one to help me controling the highlanders - specially that sergent Something with his spontoon...
who else would have helped with the wagon: pulling and throwing it through the forrest, soft sand and so on.
who else would give me that special morning and evening knuffel like yours?

No Nanny, you had to be at LBE - so that is what we did.

and for all the others that where there in LBE: we all needed you there for all kind of reasons - so see you again next year!?

Cook McBaile

cook McBaile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanny Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Nanny

Back to top Go down

looking back at again a great event  Empty Pics...

Post  Griff Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:11 pm

I've put together a very short rough and ready YouTube photo montage, mostly taken from the back of my slightly wayward mount by a dusty iphone. Some even on the move. When i work out how to get the movie clips into iMovie I'll put them up too, some really good footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj_YDP8PAvc

Griff

(Capt Middletons never present ADC...)

Griff

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouflacman Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Nice pics Exclamation
Rouflacman
Rouflacman

http://www.12emechasseurs.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RealNutcase Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 am

Hi all there,
I would like to thank all of you for a great experience and weekend. I really liked it and it is certainly going to be an event that I will try to participate every time from now on. A great country site and a fun trill was what made it one of the top events that there is. The allied units did splendid to fight of and distract the french from the main collum on saterday. We reached all of the objectives saffely with the wagontrain. Also on sunday I think we all did well unless we couldn't reach our goal in time. The french did well to delay us enough so we couldn't arrive in time on the graveyard. I would like to give some special attention to the cart driver and his wife and all the ladies who where there and supported us. They even fought of some french cavalery and infantery with annything they could get their hands on. They also took great care of the men with their supplies. They also where quite bussy by helping the cart advance on rough terain.

To Marc,
Thank you a lot for organising the event and I will hope you would like to do so in the future so I can participate again. Also great thank to you for taking care of the foolisch sappeur who couldn't handle the knife. After thumbalina's wounds will heal he wil get some extra and special training to prevent such acidents for the future. You can rellay on that!

Thank you all and I hope to see you all soon again.

Greetings Berend (corporal 2e)

RealNutcase

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulD Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:02 pm

I've put some of Rachel Corman's and Timothy Nelm's pix on our forum:

http://2nd95thrifles.myfastforum.org/about809.html

However, you can see the full collections - and many more other events on Tim's - at:

Timothy Nelm: http://www.timothy-nelms.com/photography/index.php?option=com_spgm&Itemid=59
Rachel Corman: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251345&id=668588899

PaulD

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 am

Hello all,

As I've thanked everyone via personal email, I feel that it is only proper that I thank you all again here.

I am pleased with the event (the details to fix next year though will make my winter break alot less departed from living history than I had planned) and I am most impressed with EVERYONE's hard work.
Well done to you all people!

Marc
Marc
Marc
Admin

https://laboissiere1815.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

looking back at again a great event  Empty thank you too!

Post  cook McBaile Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 am

well sir, it was just fun to be there again!
and a pleasure to help you out at a few points...

Cook McBaile *_*

cook McBaile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down